Just to preface this, um, BEST WEEKEND EVER.
1. This past week was UA's third annual muggle quidditch tournament and my team totally dominated our first game on Tuesday night. Yeah. The team we played (Vatican City) was pretty rough, which sort of takes the fun out of it for me. We played our second game on Thursday night, which is why I'm including this in my weekend post. (I only have one class Friday mornings, so Thusday is sort of my Friday.) We lost our second game, but that team played fairly and didn't attempt to hurt any of us, so it was much more fun. Even the people running it told us it was super fun to watch. Also, when we showed up with awesome jerseys and face paint, they said we were the best looking team.
2. Friday night Alabama IJM rented out the rec center for a dodge ball and a basketball tournament, and we played like 800 games of dodge ball in a row and it was fantastic. I wish there was a dodge ball court at the rec at all times. Also I got a trophy. It's a volleyball trophy from 1986 that says, "BEST HITTER, JAMIE JUNKINS". (They bought the trophies at the thrift store.) I put it on my entertainment center next to my Nick Saban signed football.
3. Saturday was my last A Day game as a student. Because Alabama wins football games all the time, I think most students weren't really into this game. I'm afraid students are getting too used to victories, but it was just the team scrimmaging itself. A bunch of my friends and I were also going camping that day, so I didn't even stay for the whole game. I'm going to miss living next to the stadium and all the gameday activities, but hopefully some of my friends can still get me some tickets next year. ;)
4. So about this camping trip. I haven't been camping probably since middle school so I was a) super excited, and b) completely unprepared. Most people were going to sleep in hammocks, which I didn't have. I didn't have a tent or even a sleeping bag. But luckily I was able to borrow a hammock and sleeping bag, which was good because the weather decided it wanted to be winter for a day or two after a week of temperatures in the 80s. Everyone brought different things to eat, so obviously I brought s'mores. There was so much good food. Then we played The Hunger Games (like a hide-and-seek type version, not the book/movie version) and there was a big fight scene with "The Final Countdown" and Star Wars music and it was awesome.
5. So when I bought things to make s'mores for our camping trip, I got home from the store and thought, Why didn't I just make some marshmallows? So I did. The only homemade marshmallows I've ever made were these mint chocolate chip marshmallows, and I still had some of the ingredients in my pantry. I decided to make strawberry marshmallows and they were sooo good. I think most people were hesitant to put them on s'mores, but a lot of people ate them plain. There were only two left the next morning. :) So naturally when I got home, I made another one. I also made one with a regular marshmallow and a Ghirardelli mint chocolate square. Um, oh my gosh.
6. And now it's dead week, which means finals are next week, which means I graduate the weekend after that. And then college will be over. :( I mean, I'm excited that I'm graduating, but where did it all go? Like, can we just hit pause for a second? I don't have a job yet, but I've got this one plan in mind. I'm thinking I'll just do this blog thing, maybe write some books with recipes and poems, open a famous bakery/coffee shop/bookstore, write some songs about my college and post-grad life and record an album, tour the country, write a bunch of cookbooks, and then a bunch of novels that get turned into movies, which I might occasionally have a major/minor role in. But I haven't really given it much thought.
Happy Monday! I hope the rest of your week is awesome.